Albufeira - Useful Information
Here you will find lots of useful information for Albufeira, in central Algarve, Portugal! See how to get to Albufeira from Faro Airport by bus, train or taxi and how much it costs, print off useful telephone numbers to take with you on holiday and see where the tourist information office is. You can also check out the opening hours for the supermarkets in Albufeira and see details about the tourist train.
Plan your journey from the Algarve's international airport in Faro with our Albufeira travel information!
- Distance from Faro Airport to Albufeira: 40 km
- Travel from Faro to Albufeira by Train: 3,30€ (regional train) -the station is outside of the town, so you will either need a taxi or use the Giro Bus "Linha Laranja" to complete your journey.
- Travel from Faro to Albufeira by Bus: 4,65€
- Travel from Faro to Albufeira by Taxi to Páteo area: 44€ for a 4 seater Mon-Fri 6am-9pm (56€ outside this time and bank holidays); 55€ or 68€ for a 6 seater depending on time.
- Travel from Faro to Albufeira by Taxi to Oura area: 38€ / 49€ for a 4 seater and 48€ / 59€ for a 6 seater.
To get to Faro train or bus station (which are close to each other just before Faro marina) either get the bus from the airport (the stop is right outside the 'arrivals' doors) and will cost you around 1.95€, or get a taxi at a cost of around 10€. To check train timetables visit CP - Comboios de Portugal. (the site is available in English) and select 'Regional and Inter Regional services' to get the timetable for Lagos / Vila Real de Santo António / Lagos.
For bus timetables visit Eva Bus. Again most of it is available in English except the 'frequency' on the tables. (Days of the week: Monday is the 2nd day of the week - '2as'-and Friday is the 6th day. 'Sábado' and 'Domingo' - Saturday and Sunday; 'Feriados' is holidays; 'Diariamente' is daily,). Bus times from the 'aeroporto' to Faro are also listed.
For additional bus timetables visit Frotazul Algarve which covers a limited area of the Algarve.
*We quote Comboios de Portugal (regional) and Eva Transports pricing and prices of the standard taxi firms that work at Faro Airport. Please note that prices may vary.
Book Algarve car hire to travel to Albufeira!
If you want to book Algarve car hire to travel to Albufeira then it couldn't be easier!
Simply collect your car from Faro Airport and it's just a 40km to drive to Albufeira, either down the A22 motorway (a toll road) or down the secondary N125 road.
Uncovered! Get the best deal on your Algarve car rental & compare rates with leading suppliers such as Hertz, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Thrifty, Guerin and Goldcar!
Albufeira has a network of local 'Giro' buses that make it very easy to get around and to travel cheaply. The routes start and finish at the Bus Terminal at Caliços (just under 2kms from the town centre):
- Linha Verde (Green line) and Linha Azul (Blue Line) which both cover the town centre, the market at Caliços Areis de S. João (home to the liveliest part of Albufeira known as 'the strip'), Oura , Montechoro and Santa Eulália.
- Linha Vermelha (Red line) covers the western side, including the campsite, Albufeira marina and also the market at Caliços
- Linha Vermelha 2 (Red Line 2) covers the western side, including the campsite, the market at Caliços, and also extends eastwards to Areis de S. João.
- Linha Laranja (Orange Line) calls at the railway station at Ferreiras but is not yet included on the Giro route map
- The cost is around 1.40€ per journey or there is a daily ticket for 4€ with unlimited travel on any of the lines.
- The buses run from 07.00 to 20.00 (October to May) and from 07.00 to 22.00 (June to September)